|Page (1) of 1 - 01/14/13||email article||print page|
10 Ways to See the World From the Inside(January 14, 2013)
ANAHEIM, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As we leave 2012 behind us, it's time to take those dreams of exploring the world and make them a reality for 2013! After coming up with a top ten list of ways to travel in the new year, Trafalgar (www.trafalgar.com) invites Americans to cross off as many items as possible from their bucket lists, whether it's making sushi in Japan or spending a night in a medieval castle in Wales or savoring an Italian meal at a private villa in Tuscany. As the Insider of guided vacations, Trafalgar offers these incredible experiences and hundreds of others that you simply can't get by traveling alone.
To help make their travel dreams come true, Americans can also save up to 7.5% by choosing from a wide selection of Trafalgar's 2013 trips and by booking and paying in full before February 28th, 2013.*
1) Follow in the footsteps of American soldiers in France. For a history buff, there's no better destination than the heart of Europe, rich in tales of war and revolution. American travelers can now follow in the footsteps of brave family members who served in the war, as Trafalgar offers a new trip to England, France and Holland to visit the battlefields and historic sites of WWI and WWII. Trace the trails of brave soldiers at the American Cemetery in Normandy, the Somme Battlefields and the National Liberation Museum in Groesbeek.
Suggested trip: WWI & WWII Battlefields, 13 days
2) Share dinner with an Italian Count at his private estate. Italy is known for its incredibly fresh pasta and delicious wines, comprising one of the world's most popular cuisines. Skip the trattoria for the night and let Trafalgar whisk you away to Fattoria di Maiano, overlooking Florence in the Tuscan Hills. At this 15th century villa, you will be welcomed by the family of Count Miari Fulcris and be treated to a gastronomic feast of traditional Italian fare and locally produced Chianti wine.
Suggested trip: 'Family Experiences' Gladiators, Gondolas and Gold, 11 days
3) Learn the ancient art of calligraphy in China. With one of the most beautiful and elaborate alphabets in the world, the Chinese take great pride in their language and writing. In Xi'An, Trafalgar guests discover the origins of the Chinese characters during a calligraphy class. By the end of the class, you'll have basic calligraphy and Chinese watercolor knowledge and feel comfortable holding a brush – how's that for a skill to show off when you go back home?
Suggested trip: Majestic China, 15 days
4) Munch on local ingredients at a master chocolatier's home in Costa Rica. Chocolate lovers rejoice – now there's a way to integrate the sweet treat into your vacation down south! Costa Rica is home to some of South America's best cocoa bean farms, and in San Isidro de Heredia, Trafalgar guests are invited to dine at the home of Master Chocolatier Julio Fernandez. Prior to settling down to an organic lunch with local ingredients, Julio hosts a chocolate workshop for guests, with plenty of the gourmet treat to sample.
Suggested trip: Costa Rica Eco Adventure, 8 days
5) Mix your own barbeque sauce in St. Louis with two master chefs. No one does barbeque like the southern states, and the chain restaurant in your hometown doesn't hold a flame to the spicy sauces they're cooking up in Missouri. In St. Louis, Trafalgar guests learn to mix up their own sweet and spicy barbecue sauce with master chefs and dig in to a rib-sticking Be My Guest dinner, straight from the grill.
Suggested trip: Route 66, 14 days
6) Enjoy fresh farm-to-table food in sunny California. Californians are known for their healthy lifestyle, with ideal climates for growing fruits and veggies, as well as their surrounding waters that are perfect for catching fresh fish. Delight in the fresh flavors of the state at one of Trafalgar's exclusive Be My Guest dining experiences – in this case a culinary adventure of farm-to-table foods at a popular restaurant in Santa Barbara. Hosted by a renowned local chef and author, the lunch features seasonal local foods that allow guests to savor the fresh flavors of their meal.
Suggested trip: Wonders & Flavors of the Golden State, 14 days
7) Spend the night in a 13th century Welsh castle. Travel back in time to the days of knights and noblemen, lords and ladies. As Trafalgar families journey to Wales, they'll check in to Ruthin Castle, a medieval-style castle with a fascinating history that dates back to the 13th century. Days can be spent exploring the sprawling grounds before getting dressed for special dinners held in the castle's exquisite banquet rooms.
Suggested trip: 'Family Experiences' Castles and Kilts, 11 days
8) Learn how to make sushi in Japan. A massive worldwide foodie trend, sushi has become a favorite in the diets of many Americans in recent years. Though our major cities have their fair share of excellent sushi restaurants, there's no experience more authentic than learning how to make the traditional dish in its country of origin, Japan. In vibrant Tokyo, Trafalgar takes guests to the famous Ginza district, where they will join a cooking class and learn to make their own sushi by a trained chef.
Suggested trip: Splendors of Japan, 11 days
9) Savor fresh Black Bass at the Torres family's 19th century mansion in Mexico. Though Mexico is famous for its resorts and beautiful beaches, there's so much more to the country that extends beyond the regular tourist areas. Trafalgar invites Americans to travel as an Insider, exploring the heart of the country and learning about its rich cultures from the locals themselves. In El Fuerte, the Torres family welcomes Trafalgar guests into their 19th century mansion for a private dinner of succulent Black Bass caught fresh from the El Fuerte River. A truly authentic dining experience, the night is brought to life with Spanish dancing and singing, making for a dinner that won't soon be forgotten.
Suggested trip: Mexico's Copper Canyon, 9 days
10) Zip around Belfast in a Black Cab. The history of Belfast is troubled and incredibly interesting, and no one knows more about the city's past than the drivers of the infamous Black Cabs. Having heard and seen it all, the 'cabbies' are the perfect tour guides for Trafalgar travelers, as they zip around the city explaining all the iconic sites and important events that have taken Belfast from a city of political unrest to the revitalized urban centre we see today.
Suggested trip: Irish Experience, 12 days
For more information, please contact your local Travel Agent, call 866-544-4434 or visit www.trafalgar.com. Follow Trafalgar on Twitter at @TrafalgarTalk or @TrafalgarUSA and check us out on Facebook.
*Save up to 7.5% is based on Trafalgar's Early Payment Discount when full payment is received by February 28th, 2013. Early Payment Discount savings will vary by itinerary and is not valid on all vacations and/or departure dates – visit www.trafalgar.com for valid dates and savings amounts. Discount is not valid with other promotional offers, but may be combined with most brochure discounts. Subject to availability and offer may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Other conditions apply. CST#2077132-20
About Trafalgar: Trafalgar is the world's leading guided vacation company offering exceptional quality and value itineraries to a range of exciting destinations. With some 65 years of experience and unrivaled local expertise, Trafalgar provides an authentic insider's view to create truly unique travel experiences in Europe, Britain and Eastern Mediterranean, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, China, Mexico, Central and South America, USA and Canada.
The Trafalgar logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14727
2007 to 2011: Winner, Best International Tour Operator, Travel Weekly Readers' Choice Awards
2010, 2011, 2012: Winner, Best Tour Operator, Europe, TravelAge West WAVE Awards
2010, 2011: Winner, Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Awards
Marie Anne MacRae
Director, Public Relations
CONTACT: Marie Anne MacRae
Director, Public Relations
Related Keywords: TRAVELBusiness, Canada, Africa, England, France, USA, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Cities, Cities, Holland, Copper, Gold, Business Services, Discount, Restaurants, Lifestyle, Business, china, mexico, england, Family, Other,